When you want to build, install, clean… maven. You have to run all the unit tests. The problem is when you have plenty of tests or database connections to test, the time that the build need is way too long. It is possible to build without running the tests. You can configure that in Eclipse:
- Got to your root project en right click
- Got to run as and click on run configurations
- On the left, go to Maven Build, right click and create new
- Choose your base project, give a name
- in the goals textfield, add your kind of build and add the parameters -DskipTests=true -Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=true
An example of a maven build goal to skip tests is: clean install -DskipTests=true -Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=true. You can see some screenshots below. Enjoy!